Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Community news > Getting ready to celebrate!

Getting ready to celebrate!

The Tercentenary Choral Society had their inaugural meeting...

As part of the celebrations for Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee and Churcher’s College 300th anniversary a special Tercentenary Choral Society has been formed - 300 voices for 300 years!  After an appeal to the local community, 86 new singers have joined consisting of local residents from Petersfield and the wider community, friends, parents and Old Churcherians.  They will join the schools’ Senior Choir, Junior Choir and Churcher’s College Junior School to perform as ‘300 Voices for 300 Years’ for the Grand Summer Open Air Concert on 2 July - a 'Last Night of the Proms' style event to which everyone is welcome!

“After an initial warm up, we introduced a few of the exciting works to be performed at the concert, including O Fortuna from Carmina Burana, Hallelujah from Handel’s Messiah and Pirates of Penzance by Gilbert & Sullivan,” explains Helen Purchase, Director of Music at Churcher’s College. “I was delighted with the enthusiasm, energy and potential of the group!”

One of the new choir members, Sally who joined the choir’s first rehearsal said: “I have not done this before but it was so much fun, I left buzzing! I cannot wait to meet the group each week and learn these songs which I thought I would not know, but when I heard the tunes, I realised they are old favourites. I just know the whole family will enjoy the concert when we perform!”

The Tercentenary Choral Society will continue to meet and rehearse each week at Churcher’s College in Petersfield until the evening concert on Saturday 2 July.  For further information and tickets for the Grand Summer Open Air Concert please click here.

Similar stories

Current Pupils had an opportunity to meet Business Owners and OCs at the recent Careers Convention... More...

An evening of wine and cheese - what better way to spend a Friday evening in February... More...

Jasmine Elmer, exploring femininity and bringing the past into the present... More...

The Churcher's community came together for Christmas wreath making...

A festive afternoon of Christmas wreath making in aid of the Richard Churcher Foundation... More...

Guests at The Benefactors' Reception enjoying the evening

Supporters of the Richard Churcher Foundation were treated to an enjoyable evening of music in the Donald Brooks Auditor… More...

Most read

On Saturday 16 March we welcomed over 60 OCs for lunch... More...

Over 30 OCs returned to school to compete for the Eaton trophies... More...

Eleanor (20) selected as a UN UK Women's delegate... More...

Have your say

Development Office
Churcher's College
Ramshill
Petersfield
GU31 4AS

+44 (0)1730 236 833
community@churcherscollege.com

Registered Charity No.1173833

This website is powered by
ToucanTech