Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Community news > Runaway success for Senior Production

Runaway success for Senior Production

The antidote to the end of January blues was to be found in the Assembly Hall last week...

The Senior Production of It Runs in the Family brought the house down! Ray Cooney's comic masterpiece combines all the classic ingredients of a farce... frantic running in and out of doors, mistaken identities and frenetic costume changes, providing an evening's much-needed mad-cap entertainment and heartfelt belly-laughing from the audience!

The set was excellent too, with the window used to great comic effect and the working clock a reminder of the looming deadline of the Ponsonby Lecture on which Dr Mortimer's knighthood rests. The enthusiastic cast wonderfully conveyed the growing sense of chaos, with fabulous comic timing, Mr Crossman in a comedy wig and, one suspects, some unintentional bruising by the end of the two nights' performances! 

To quote some of the audience...

"...It was simply outstanding and I was blow away by the talent on display. The delivery of lines, comedic timing and wonderful facial expressions were fabulous. I wish I could watch it again"

"Belly laughs all the way..."

"...So much talent! If I'd paid £100+ to see that in the West End I'd have thought it money well spent!..."

Following on from the success of the two nights at school, this production is going on tour...

• Friday 18 March 2022 - Alton Assembly Rooms, High Street, Alton link for tickets
  • Saturday 19 March 2022 - Theatre Royal, Jewery Street, Winchester link for tickets

Similar stories

Current Pupils had an opportunity to meet Business Owners and OCs at the recent Careers Convention... More...

An evening of wine and cheese - what better way to spend a Friday evening in February... More...

Jasmine Elmer, exploring femininity and bringing the past into the present... More...

The Churcher's community came together for Christmas wreath making...

A festive afternoon of Christmas wreath making in aid of the Richard Churcher Foundation... More...

Guests at The Benefactors' Reception enjoying the evening

Supporters of the Richard Churcher Foundation were treated to an enjoyable evening of music in the Donald Brooks Auditor… More...

Most read

Christopher recently contacted us regarding his career since leaving Churcher's College in 1970... More...

Could Lisa (99) be selected to referee for the Paris Olympics... More...

On Saturday 16 March we welcomed over 60 OCs for lunch... More...

Have your say

Development Office
Churcher's College
Ramshill
Petersfield
GU31 4AS

+44 (0)1730 236 833
community@churcherscollege.com

Registered Charity No.1173833

This website is powered by
ToucanTech