Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Community news > It's not all bad when it rains - UPDATE!

It's not all bad when it rains - UPDATE!

A current Lower Sixth student is putting his entrepreneurial spirit to good use by supporting the Richard Churcher Foundation...
Alex Lambrianou
Alex Lambrianou

- UPDATE -

Alex has put his entrepreneurial skills to good use yet again and has set up an original venture to support local businesses and share a smile at this time when it is hard to meet with friends and family. Share a Smile Today is a simple idea to buy someone a delicious gift from a local independent outlet to drive business and show you care.   He is already working with several local cafés including Madeleine’s Delicatessen, The Natural Food Deli and One Tree Books in Petersfield and Coffee Diem in Farnham. Also, Gallery Café, Fresco and Canopy Coffee in Guildford, he also has other outlets in new locations launching soon.

To make someone you know smile, simply fill in a few details on the website and then a personalised voucher with a QR code will be sent to the lucky recipient.  Alexander built the website himself and enlisted fellow Sixth Former and coding expert, Olly, to develop the technical wizardry to make the voucher system work. 

Alex explains where the idea came from: “I am keen to do what I can support local businesses at this difficult time and I am also aware of the isolation and loneliness many people are experiencing and wanted to help.   What better to make someone’s day than to show your thoughtfulness with a voucher for a delicious slice of cake or another scrumptious treat.    I have been delighted by the seven local cafes who have supported the idea and I am now working on more independent businesses joining us to spread the joy and share more smiles.   Please give it a try today!”

To share a smile with someone special today go to https://shareasmiletoday.co.uk/.

To see more on Instagram visit @share.a.smile.today

Alex Lambrianou originally designed, produced and sold a Churcher’s branded “town classic” umbrella to raise money for his ten day First Challenge trip to Iceland when in the Third Year. The remaining stock is now on general sale through the shop on Churcher’s College Community with all profits going towards the Richard Churcher Foundation and the provision of bursaries.

“Churcher’s has done a lot for me and its support and guidance gave me the skills and confidence to produce and sell the umbrellas. I am very happy to give back in some way to help another student benefit from the opportunities at Churcher’s via the Foundation.”

This project gave Alex the entrepreneurial bug to try out new ideas including the development of a new money-making website for small businesses and creating and selling his very own works of modern art.

Similar stories

Current Pupils had an opportunity to meet Business Owners and OCs at the recent Careers Convention... More...

An evening of wine and cheese - what better way to spend a Friday evening in February... More...

Jasmine Elmer, exploring femininity and bringing the past into the present... More...

The Churcher's community came together for Christmas wreath making...

A festive afternoon of Christmas wreath making in aid of the Richard Churcher Foundation... More...

Guests at The Benefactors' Reception enjoying the evening

Supporters of the Richard Churcher Foundation were treated to an enjoyable evening of music in the Donald Brooks Auditor… More...

Most read

Could Lisa (99) be selected to referee for the Paris Olympics... More...

On Saturday 16 March we welcomed over 60 OCs for lunch... More...

We wish Alex (20) the best of luck as he runs for Maddy's Mark... More...

Have your say

Development Office
Churcher's College
Ramshill
Petersfield
GU31 4AS

+44 (0)1730 236 833
community@churcherscollege.com

Registered Charity No.1173833

This website is powered by
ToucanTech