Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > OC news > OC Alex Dannatt (20) runs for Maddy's Mark

OC Alex Dannatt (20) runs for Maddy's Mark

We wish Alex (20) the best of luck as he runs for Maddy's Mark...
19 Mar 2024
OC news

OC Alex Dannatt (20) is running the Manchester Marathon on 14 April in aid of Maddy's Mark, a charity named after Maddy Lawrence, former pupil at Churcher's College. Alex was a good friend of Maddy's at Churcher's College having been in the same house and year.  

Alex explains, 'Last summer, I picked up running as a way to clear my head and boost my mental health. This led to me running a half marathon in the autumn where I witnessed so many runners fundraising and its potential to make a difference. Inspired by this, I signed up to run the Manchester Marathon on the 14th of April in the name of Maddy Lawrence. Maddy was a dear friend and schoolmate who tragically passed away in March 2022 from a rugby accident. Her charity, Maddy’s Mark, has been set up in in her memory, standing as a beacon for women's rugby and mental health. As a medical student, I've witnessed loss and seen how brutal hospital can be on families, so I am honoured to run in memory of Maddy, supporting causes that were important to her. Having been training hard, I am excited for the marathon in a few weeks’ time and my chance to contribute to her charity.' Alex is hoping to fundraise as much as possible and has set up a 'go fund me' page  in memory of Maddy. For further information, please see his page here: Just Giving

We wish Alex all the best for his Marathon!

Similar stories

Over 30 OCs returned to school to compete for the Eaton trophies... More...

On Saturday 16 March we welcomed over 60 OCs for lunch... More...

Could Lisa (99) be selected to referee for the Paris Olympics... More...

Christopher recently contacted us regarding his career since leaving Churcher's College in 1970... More...

Eleanor (20) selected as a UN UK Women's delegate... More...

Most read

Could Lisa (99) be selected to referee for the Paris Olympics... More...

On Saturday 16 March we welcomed over 60 OCs for lunch... More...

Over 30 OCs returned to school to compete for the Eaton trophies... More...

Have your say

Development Office
Churcher's College
Ramshill
Petersfield
GU31 4AS

+44 (0)1730 236 833
community@churcherscollege.com

Registered Charity No.1173833

This website is powered by
ToucanTech