Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > In memoriam > David Brooks (61) Rodney

David Brooks (61) Rodney

It is with great sadness that we announce the death of David Brooks (61) in July 2022
31 Jul 2022
In memoriam

His wife Jean contacted the office to tell us of his death and sent in these words about David...

'David Michael Stewart Brooks attended Churcher’s College in the 1950’s.  He loved his school and often used to talk to me about it.  He did not like rugby and told me many times that if he had the ball he would get rid of it. However he loved cricket, which was one of his great interests along with steam trains.  He had many friends, as was demonstrated by the number of people who came to his funeral.  He was a caring loving family man and had three wonderful children and a wife who adored him.  We were married for over fifty three years but knew each other for some time before our wedding. He is greatly missed by all who knew him.  He also loved his food especially chocolate and my cakes - he really kept me busy!'

Similar stories

It is with great sadness that we announce the death of OC Ian Birtwistle (02) in February 2023 More...

It is with great sadness that we announce the death of Mike Riches (49) in December 2023... More...

It is with great sadness that we announce the death of former member of staff, Norma Bones, in July 2023... More...

It is with great sadness that we announce the death of David Lawrence (48) in March 2023... More...

It with great sadness that we announce the death of former member of staff Bob Broadhead in February 2023 More...

Most read

On Saturday 16 March we welcomed over 60 OCs for lunch... More...

Over 30 OCs returned to school to compete for the Eaton trophies... More...

Eleanor (20) selected as a UN UK Women's delegate... More...

Have your say

Development Office
Churcher's College
Ramshill
Petersfield
GU31 4AS

+44 (0)1730 236 833
community@churcherscollege.com

Registered Charity No.1173833

This website is powered by
ToucanTech