Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > OC news > Two OCs find their creative worlds colliding

Two OCs find their creative worlds colliding

Friends Linus Fenton (13) and Alex Lawther (13) collaborate on a new music video about friendship...
8 Nov 2021
OC news

During Lockdown, session musician Linus Fenton (13) found he had time on his hands. With all work cancelled, he set about writing an album, collaborating with Alex Lawther (13) on the video for one of the tracks called 'Fountainhead'.  

Alex takes up the story...

"The song is about two young people trying to communicate with each other and failing, and the video tries to reflect that. 

Linus and I grew up together and 15 years after knowing each other our creative worlds aligned: after an evaporation for session musicians during lockdown, looking for work elsewhere, he wrote his first album and asked me to direct a video for one of the songs.

The result is my first job as a director, a video starring Roman Griffin Davis (Jojo Rabbit) for a song about friendship, made by two friends, coming out of a period last year when being friends was having to find new ways of expressing itself."

Linus adds...

"'Fountainhead' is essentially me asking a friend to open up to me - I knew he was going through a really difficult time and I wanted him to let me in and tell me what he was feeling. The chorus is the invitation for him to communicate on a deeper level with me and the verses are little insights into our relationship."

The song was released on Friday 29 October and can be found on all music channels - click here.

Alex can be seen as the King of France in the latest Ridley Scott epic 'The Last Duel', featuring Jodie Comer, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck. The trailer for the film which is in cinemas now can be seen here.

Similar stories

Rachel Newbury OC performs at St Peter's Church

OCs perform in the recent Petersfield Music Festival Concerts... More...

Over 30 OCs returned to school to compete for the Eaton trophies... More...

On Saturday 16 March we welcomed over 60 OCs for lunch... More...

We wish Alex (20) the best of luck as he runs for Maddy's Mark... More...

Could Lisa (99) be selected to referee for the Paris Olympics... More...

Most read

Over 30 OCs returned to school to compete for the Eaton trophies... More...

Current Pupils had an opportunity to meet Business Owners and OCs at the recent Careers Convention... More...

Could Lisa (99) be selected to referee for the Paris Olympics... More...

Have your say

Development Office
Churcher's College
Ramshill
Petersfield
GU31 4AS

+44 (0)1730 236 833
community@churcherscollege.com

Registered Charity No.1173833

This website is powered by
ToucanTech