Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Careers and mentoring > Lower Sixth Networking

Lower Sixth Networking

Over 100 volunteers helped at the Lower Sixth Networking evening...

On 9 March, over 100 volunteer networkers, inlcuding Old Churcherians Carly Smith (06) and Toby Swindells (17), put our Lower Sixth students through their paces whilst they practised their networking skills over drinks and canapés. Advice, anecdotes and experience were shared and, after a slightly nervous start, the students soon found their networking feet and obviously thoroughly enjoyed meeting such an interesting and supportive group. 

Carly Smith writes about the evening:

'The evening was great. I think it’s such an important skill for young adults to learn how to hold a conversation and how to take an interest in others. Churcher’s students are lucky to have the opportunity to practise these soft skills. It was great to see how the students started nervous and unsure but as the evening progressed they grew in confidence. It was fun to hear about their plans for university and what the next phase of life involved. I hope I was able to be of use with a bit of encouragement and enthusiasm for the next phase of their education. Thanks for having me.' 

We would love for more OCs to support our Careers programme; it provides huge value to the events and is really appreciated by the pupils. Please look out for upcoming events and get involved if you can.

Similar stories

Current Pupils had an opportunity to meet Business Owners and OCs at the recent Careers Convention... More...

Eleanor (20) selected as a UN UK Women's delegate... More...

Congratulations to OC Mia Clark on her new career... More...

Alysia and Jess return to College

Alysia Hoe (19) and Jess Willson (19) spoke to students about studying languages at University... More...

Emilia Gibson (18) has been awarded first class honours in her Integrated Bachelors and Masters Degree... More...

Most read

Over 30 OCs returned to school to compete for the Eaton trophies... More...

Christopher recently contacted us regarding his career since leaving Churcher's College in 1970... More...

On Saturday 16 March we welcomed over 60 OCs for lunch... More...

Have your say

Development Office
Churcher's College
Ramshill
Petersfield
GU31 4AS

+44 (0)1730 236 833
community@churcherscollege.com

Registered Charity No.1173833

This website is powered by
ToucanTech